Sunday, December 6, 2009

Well Checks

I thought I was being smart in scheduling check-ups for the 3 younger kids at one time...but after realizing that all 3 would be getting shots, I decided to call in some reinforcements (a.k.a. Grammy and Aunt Susan) to help. While we were sitting in the waiting room, I thought to myself, surely I could have done this by myself, but after all was said and done, I was so thankful to have two extra sets of hands! There was another family that had 3 adults for 1 newborn -- amatures!

Here's the details:

Jonathan -- 44lbs and 43.5 inches (he's almost squared!)
Did great on his vision screening and hearing screening. Received 4 shots. Going in, he was excited to get his "kindergarten shots". Moments before the nurses came in to administer them, he "changed his mind". During the shots, I think we experienced temporary hearing loss due to the high pitched screams that escaped his mouth! He was able to take as many stickers as he wanted when we were done. I think he picked out 5 for himself, since he's 5 years old. Being the sweet boy that he is, he picked out some for his big sister and Daddy, too!

Elizabeth -- 30 lbs. 8 oz. and 37 inches
Is doing wonderfully in her physical growth. She can count to 10 (accurately) and sometimes higher (not so accurately). She also can recite the Pledge of Allegiance. She loves to sing and read books. Elizabeth is working on letter recognition and can name about half of the letters correctly. Elizabeth received 1 shot and did amazingly well with it. Unfortunately, she has come down with pink eye since our well check 2 days ago. Any tips on how to get a 2 year old to allow you to put drops in her eyes would be appreciated!

Matthew -- 24 lbs. 9 oz and 31.5 inches
He's getting closer to walking every day! Matthew has taken to standing independently, but is not quite ready to take that first step. Currently, he is about 3 months ahead of any of our other kids, so I'm not concerned at all about his development. He is such an easy going boy, which is good since we are on round 3 of colds with him this season. Received 4 shots at the same time big brother did...this was when Grammy had to take one for the team to hold down her precious grandson while he screamed along with his brother. Thanks, Grammy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! =) Tips on giving the kids eye drops? Nada. All I can say is that I had to literally sit on top of C's legs and hold her arms to her sides with my elbows while I steadied her head with my hands and angled my wrist just so and dropped them in while she had her eyes squeezed shut & screamed. You gotta do whatcha gotta do since it's what's best for them, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete