Friday, June 19, 2009

Third Time's the Charm

WARNING: Potty talk follows...

It's that time again. Yep. Potty training. Not one of my favorite jobs as a mom, but now that I'm "seasoned" it shouldn't be a big deal -- except that we're talking about everyone's favorite little red head...

So, we've been talking about it for a while. It's interesting that I've had a newborn/infant the past two times I've potty trained, so why should this time be any different, right? I'd made a decision that I'd wait until school and BSF were finished so we wouldn't have any schedule with places we had to be. So, here it is now almost a month after school's been out and the time had come...
Have you seen a cuter gal than this?!? Adorable, if you ask me! Not to mention her sunnies that she had to have on the entire day!
Last week, Miss E. pleasantly surprised me. She had two mornings where she woke up dry. For several weeks, she has been dry for her naptime. I know, I know. These are all signs pointing to readyness. We don't do pull-ups, or glorified diapers (in our minds), rather going straight to underware. I knew that I was just dragging my feet. Then she had two days where she only had one "accident" in her diaper. We were outside and just couldn't get to the potty quick enough.
So, Saturday morning we made the switch. The girl was DRY ALL DAY!! Can you believe it?!? I thought to myself, this is too good to be true. Surely, you're thinking, you've got to be kidding me! Sunday was a different story. I was anxious with going to church, having strangers take her to potty, etc. Nope, she did great at church. It was before and after church when we were at home when the problem arose. But....she's gotta get the hang of this at some point, right?
When you get rewarded with M&M's for success, I think I'd stay in the bathroom all day!
Our week was filled with lots of friends coming over and one park playdate. We can do this, I kept telling myself. So, she had one accident on the first two days of the week and has been dry since! Seriously! I'm quite impressed with my little gal! The park playdate -- she was dry. Today, we headed out to the mall since we are in the midst of the humidity from the deep south. Stifling. So humid you-can't-breath humid.

I had a plan. We had lots of free items to pick up and I spent less than $10! So, we headed in and found out the Kidgits item was free ice dream from Chick-fil-a. YIPPEE! I also had coupons for free 20 oz. smoothies from Orange Julius. Woo-Hoo! Also, dug into my coupon stash and found a free Chick-fil-a sandwich with purchase of a combo along with a free waffle fry. So, I got a nugget meal for the kiddos to split and the sandwich for me. This went nicely with our smoothies! I even splurged and let them ride one of those little rides similar to a merry-go-round -- all 3 rode for a dollar! I forgot -- we also had a buy 1 get 1 free Auntie Anne's Pretzel stix that we grabbed on our way in.... Needless to say, I was excited about our fun, frugal outing! The kids were marvelously behaved and I realized it was the first time I'd taken all four of them to the mall. Not too shabby. We made a pit stop after we ate before heading to the playground. Thankful for that as everyone needed a potty stop -- not just Elizabeth!

Being the brave woman I am --- I left her in underware for tonight....we'll see how that turns out in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment